Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Weekly Wish List

Photo from the Moda Operandi website

I love to dream.  And sometimes I dream that I have the financial means to fulfil all my fashion fantasies..  So here I will indulge myself, and share with you what I'm wishing for.
Michael Lo Sordo!  This gorgeous printed dress is from his collection shown at the last Australian MBFW not long ago.  Apparently the print is inspired by insects.  I definitely see the butterfly effect: and I mean the effect created when we were in kindergarten and would put blobs of paint on paper then fold it in half to make art, rather than the chaos theory.  Let's take a closer look, shall we?






I really like the colours and would love to have this for summer.  Check out the rest of the collection if you have some time; I don't like everything but I do like the red dress immediately following this one, and some of the other prints.

Unluckily for you (but luckily for your bank) this beauty was being sold on Moda Operandi, but the trunkshow ended the last day of May.  (Side note: if you haven't visited Moda Operandi you really should! Amazing for window shopping.. and also good for that extra special treat for yourself.  It is a really clever concept by some really clever, fashionable, business women).
And while we're wishing away, why not dream up what to wear with it?














For a day look, or even an understated classy night look, I'd go for flat shoes (also just because I love flat shoes!).  First are the leather Acne "Capri" sandals, or alternately the ASOS Message Brogues.  I am addicted to brogues, and although sadly my current blue suede ones are dying, I continue to wear them with jeans, dresses, skirts .. basically everything.  And for the jacket: a Sandro "Vicky" woven twill blazer, in orange.  So many people are afraid of orange and I really don't know what everyone has against this great colour! I think it would really set off the colours in the dress beautifully.

Ok: time to get back to reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment