Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Weekly Wish-list

It's Wednesday = mid-week slump. Somehow this week I feel like I'm in a time warp and that it should be Friday right now. Unfortunately it's not and the weekend isn't just around the corner and no Sunday sleep-ins coming up.. Back on topic: this week's wish-list is a little unusual. I'm moving out of home to the beautiful Neutral Bay this Friday and I'm excited about having my own room that I can play with! So today I thought I might share something that I think is really cool and that I want to try in my new room.
Image from this very cool blog

I want a ladder! I think it works really well as a funky bookshelf and I really want one in my room. Looks easy enough: find a ladder, grab some planks, voila! However, the first step seems to be tripping me up somewhat. It is almost impossible to find a good old wooden ladder with rungs on both sides (so an A-shape style ladder) !! The best I've come up with is this one from The Ladder Shop, and I'm yet to phone up and ask if it's really wooden (because it looks kinda like it's made of metal from the picture!). Actually now that I think about it maybe a metal one would be ok... it'd have that interesting industrial look. I'll let you know how it goes for me!

So for now I'll just post some other pictures of cool ladder usage =)



The following ladder bookshelf image comes from a website (linked in the caption) with lots of great images of non-traditional ladder usage. I really like the suspended ladders with things hanging from them.
From this other cool blog which tells you how to make it.
From here

No comments:

Post a Comment