Sunday, September 9, 2012

Outfit Misfit


It's been almost a month since the last Outfit Misfit: how appalling! Well, better late than never (though I should really stop living by that because I end up late to everything!). In August I went to Melbourne for a few days to play with the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra (as a program through the Australian Youth Orchestra). The repertoire was pretty rubbish to be honest, but AYO paid for my flights and I didn't have to pay money for accommodation or anything else, so that justified my shopping... or did it?..

I love Melbourne because it has some really great little designer boutiques of some very obscure Australian designers. However this time I was on a mission: to go to the Alannah Hill and Gorman outlet stores. It was amazing! I'm not sure if I can shop at the regular stores anymore; the stuff is a lot cheaper and it's nice to see some old stuff, in case you missed it in store. For instance, my jumpsuit, which you may remember from a previous Outfit Misfit.., was there and I bought that a good 2 or 3 years ago!




















Anyway, back on topic.. THIS dress I have nick-named: Champagne Dress (I really should come up with a more flowery name, more in the style of Alannah Hill: any suggestions?) and came at a bargain of $100! I have no idea where I'll wear it really.. but it's so beautiful I still swoon over it when I open my wardrobe. I love the sequins spreading out from the middle and that's why I named it so. And I have a particular weakness for tulle. I don't normally think about wearing it on the outside (as opposed to underneath which I am perfectly comfortable with, as providing body for a skirt) so I find it interesting and stretching my boundaries that this dress has the tulle edging at the bottom.

Isn't it sad that we have these beautiful party dresses yet we can't wear them on regular days? What if I wore this out on a Wednesday? I think people would certainly look at me strangely, maybe that's a social experiment for another day. Send me some pictures of your favourite party dresses! They need to be worn and shared!



















My dear friend Elizabeth Old has been my photographer for this session and she has captured some lovely photos I think! I always feel incredibly stupid posing for these things and I'm not a very good model (as she will concur!) so it's nice to have good friends who won't make me feel even sillier.

Dress: Alannah Hill
Hair Clip: Alannah Hill
Socks: Alannah Hill (wow, bit of an Alannah outfit going on)
Shoes: Windsor
Pearl earrings: Mum's =)



1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous girl! It looks even more amazing on you than when you showed me on the hanger. :D

    ReplyDelete