Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Weekly Wish-list

One year ago today I shaved my head to raise money for the Cancer Council. I did it with a friend and together we raised $9067!

So I have been trying to grow my hair back and this week on the wish-list is long hair. I haven't had long hair in years and I'm desperate to be able to put it in a ponytail and do lovely braids and things. The first picture here is something I'd like as a continuation of my little bob with heavy bangs, and the second is a gorgeous messy braid down the side:

Image from here
Image from here
The next few images are all from A Beautiful Mess: a really gorgeous blog full of all kinds of lovely stuff. The caption for each image will have each direct link.

Instructions follow this link
Instructions follow this link

Instructions follow this link
It's time to play the waiting game and just be patient until my hair is long enough.. =( As much as I enjoy having short hair and styling it in a funky way, I think that long hair has lots of options too (and it's something that most women can only pull off in their youth). Any of you out there with long hair should give these styles a try!

1 comment:

  1. I love braids, but I get such fair-hair envy when trying them because I feel like they look so much better with lighter hair! Have you seen this video? It's the loveliest tutorial on a crown braid and rag curls, gorgeously filmed!
    http://www.sheletsherhairdown.com/2012/02/crown-braid-and-rag-curls-video.html

    ReplyDelete