Sunday, October 28, 2012

Outfit Misfit

This week's Outfit Misfit is all about matchy-matchy. Sometimes matchy-matchy can look absolutely awful. I particularly loathe it when I see leopard print shoes, with a leopard print bag, with a leopard print top or something *ew*. But I think matchy-matchy can be worked and it's all about picking some interesting colours and a crazy print never hurts, check out how Prada worked it for their A/W 2013 line:
Image from here
I went three-way matchy the other week with purple and orange; skirt, sandals, headscarf. I have a great Gorman skirt that I have loved and adored for more than a year now. When I first saw the pattern I wanted to get the full dress, but skirts are always more affordable and I have not regretted my decision since. I think this piece may even have been the first thing that got me hooked on Gorman!



Wearing:

Skirt - Gorman
Sandals - Gorman
Top - American Apparel
Headscarf- Marni for HandM

These pictures were taken in the Sydney Botanic Gardens on the way to Andrew Boy Charlton pool (remember I told you earlier that I'd be taking more pictures in the Gardens as the weather got better); my friend and photographer Bernadette and I were going for a swim. So the following photos are post-swim and I haven't re-done my headscarf yet, waiting for my hair to dry.

Just being silly. How do you like my model pose? ;P

Tourist photo of the week.



No comments:

Post a Comment