Monday, November 12, 2012

Something Old, Something New

This week's Something Old, Something New is a bit heartfelt. First up is Mahler 9, the last movement. The Sydney Conservatorium Symphony Orchestra played this symphony last year and it was such an amazing experience! The last movement absolutely breaks my heart. It's quite long but I urge you all to listen to it; the videos from YouTube are in three parts and it's the Vienna Philharmonic being conducted by Leonard Bernstein.


Something New this week needed to be something just as painful and I'm taking it from the film "Restless" directed by Gus Van Sant with Mia Wasikowska and Henry Hopper. It is the most beautiful film I have seen in a long time, and just before you go out renting it I'll just warn you that I love beautiful, depressing movies.. so this is hugely depressing. It's such a stunning tragic love story. The soundtrack of the film really stood out for me, and normally I don't notice it much in films.. so I thought I'd do some research and see what music was on it. There is no official soundtrack which is very sad, but here is one of the songs from the film with a little montage. Go watch! (with a box of tissues)


No comments:

Post a Comment