Sunday, December 23, 2012

Outfit Misfit

This week's Outfit Misfit is a dress that I've only just started wearing a fair bit. I've had it for a while, possibly as long as two years, and I just never wore it because it needs a strapless bra. For a top that I got this year I had to get a strapless bra and it's allowed me to wear this dress. I've gotten a lot of compliments on it and obviously I like that so I like the dress! I think it looks a little like an apron; something to do with the colour and the stripes and the ties, but I'm fine with that =) I got it at some markets with my sister (either Bondi or Balmain... my memory is failing me) and it was made by a woman who sells her clothes at a stall. I don't think the cut of the front up to the halter neck suits me very well but I really like the back of it. Anyway, here are the pictures.

This picture was taken at Rose Bay, a gorgeous part of Sydney on a gorgeous day (picture taken by a gorgeous friend). My shoulders got so brown from walking around in this dress (and I got a shocking sandals tan.. but that's a story for another day).

This picture (and the one below) were taken just a few days ago at Balmoral Beach. The day was not the most ideal beach-going day but that didn't stop me and my friend Julia who had returned from the UK and who I have to thank for taking the pictures. I'm wearing a swimsuit underneath instead of a strapless bra and that's why you can see the straps..

And the view from behind. I really like the back of this dress and I think it was the winning factor making me buy it.
I hope the weather gets sunnier and there will be more, and better, beach trips to come this summer! And for all those in another part of the world, I hope you're jealous of our great beaches and bays. I <3 Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment