Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Outfit Misfit

This week's Outfit Misfit is my outfit from my work Christmas party. Nothing says festive like a red dress, and a cape! ... So in case you didn't know, I live in Sydney, so I hope you enjoy the background of the pictures too. 

This red dress has quickly become one of my favourites: a good solid red = attention grabbing, yet the cut of the dress is extremely simple. The skirt flares out beautifully when I spin around too. It came with a blue belt (remember this post? where I quote: "belt from a different dress") but unfortunately I seem to have lost it.. so it's not featured here.

There are a few things I want to mention about this outfit; one of them is the cape, read on for that, and the others being the shoes and stockings. The shoes are slippers, not the Grandpa kind but the kind that can be worn anywhere (except bed I guess) and after buying a very cheap pair in Germany I decided that this trend was worthy of spending a bit more money on. Now the stockings, they're pretty special. From where else but Alannah Hill who, in my opinion, does cuter almost as cute stockings as Asians do. I admit I was worried that thigh high black stockings with a red bow could look too sexy but I think I've managed to maintain my channelling-a-5yo look.


Something about the cape and the red dress made me feel like I was channelling Little Red Riding Hood (also helping the above statement of my channelling-a-5yo style). I absolutely adore capes (slightly obsessed, I have an unhealthy number in my wardrobe I think) and this one is no exception. It's from Alannah Hill and the name had something to do with lamingtons.. 

Wearing:
Dress: from a French boutique, the label says "Closet"
Cape: Alannah Hill
Stockings: Alannah Hill
Shoes: Wittner.

Thank you to my fantastic friend and photographer Berny, who manages to catch me at some great moments. Here is my spinning photo:




4 comments:

  1. Super cute! My sister just bought a pair of slippers like that in a lovely wine velvet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh they sound lovely! These ones are suede =)

      Delete
  2. Aww Nicole I really love the last photo and I enjoy taking photos of you! You're a great photo subject!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, thank YOU for taking the pictures for me! You're excellent =)

      Delete