Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Weekly Wish-list

I did a post a little while back on bags and this week I'd like to talk belts. In my last Outfit Misfit post I mentioned that I had lost my belt to the dress; it was the perfect skinny belt that went with everything. In an effort to replace the perfect I've made a list of a couple of realistic I-could-actually-buy-this ones, and a couple just for looking.

First up is this To Wear or Knot to Wear (oh the puns from Modcloth..) in a gorgeous aqua kind of colour. I love the leaf-like buckle and it's a very reasonable $27.99 (although they've now run out of the small/medium size and only have medium/large).

Now for something on the other end of the spectrum: this blingy Miu Miu belt. I don't think it's the kind of thing that would go with everything in my wardrobe, considering that I like to wear a lot of everyday dresses with belts, but it's still nice to look at. You can find it here at Net-a-porter.


This one is called Touch of Charm Bow Belt in Teal, from Ruche and I think it's not quite as nice as the first one from Modcloth but along the same lines (and only $12.99 at that!). So here is where the dilemma arises: do I buy the Modcloth belt above, which I like better, and risk it being too large due to the sizes left, or do I play it safe with this Ruche one? Oh the decisions in life..

Lastly this Padlock Charm Belt from Mulberry. Simple again, with a nice little touch in the padlock. As awesome as black is though, I enjoyed my last belt so much because it was blue and didn't break up the colours of my dresses too much (also this one is expensive..)


 Note: all images from the links in the description.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh I like both the teal ones, I'm a bit obsessed with the colour. I've been hunting for nice skinny belts to go with my recent vintage dress purchases too! Sometimes you'll find nice plain ones quite cheaply in Dotti and Portmans; I found a really cute stretchy-metal one with bees on the clasp!

    ReplyDelete