Monday, February 4, 2013

Something Old, Something New

I got some pretty exciting news last week and that is that I would be playing the Schubert Octet in a masterclass with Pieter Wispelwey in April. For all the non-classical-music-fanatics Wispelwey is an amazing Dutch cellist and it's a hugely cool opportunity. Check out his website! I absolutely love Schubert but I'm not too familiar with this work so I've started listening to it more closely this week. So for Something Old this week here is the third movement:


Firstly: ohmygod at Janine Jensen on the first violin. Amazing energy and beautiful playing. And hello there Jens Peter Maintz on the cello: what a babe. I AM SO EXCITED TO BE PLAYING THIS!! I don't normally write a full sentence in caps so you know what a big deal this is.

Now for Something New and it's something that's a little old school. Some people think I'm a total dag but I *love* ABBA. It's really hard to choose a favourite but this is definitely high up there and I'm often caught singing it around and making other people sing it with me: takeachancetakeachancetakeachancetakeachance. And I understand if you don't know who Wispelwey (or even Schubert) is but you if you don't know who ABBA are then there's something wrong with you.


Oh gee I love the video! Hahaha you have to watch it if you love a bit of a seedy wink here and there.
Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment