Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Trash Talk

I am a sucker for reality TV involving models (i.e trash TV). ANTM, AusNTM... anycountryNTM (NTM = Next Top Model) and there has been a new one recently called "The Face"; which could also be a horror movie. Just to give you a little summary it's a search for "the face" to represent a beauty brand. There are 3 teams and each team is coached by a supermodel: Naomi Campbell, Coco Rocha and Karolina Kurkova.

Today I thought it'd be fun to share the trash talk that happens on the show between the coaches. That's not entirely true, I should correct and say the trash talk that comes out of Naomi Campbell's mouth. She is a competitive crazy-person, and isn't afraid to say the lowest things about her fellow coaches. Coco Rocha and Karolina Kurkova are both professional and communicate with each other and have the interests of the girls at heart. Naomi has already called Karolina an idiot and now she slags on Coco for her choice of lipstick.

Image from here.

Now I'm not saying I'm loving the lipstick on Coco Rocha.. good on her for going out there with it but I don't particularly love it or hate it. I just think it's extremely rude and unprofessional for Naomi to say that. What happened to "if you haven't got anything nice to say then don't say anything at all". Still, gave me a laugh when I watched it.

I just found this Vogue Mexico cover and would like to add a bit of a P.S to this post: I now get the purple lipstick concept. I think she looks fantastic here! But I have a feeling she photographs much better than how she looks in person and also the outfit warrants it whereas maybe it didn't in the day-to-day look she had on the episode of The Face.

Image from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment