Sunday, April 28, 2013

On the To-Do List

Remember that amazing Dior campaign with Jennifer Lawrence? well here is another shot from it. I actually kind of adore this neck-scarf thing (or whatever it is). I think it would make a great DIY and I think I would begin to construct it by having two separate pieces. One piece that just goes around the neck with a couple of snap fasteners or buttons to secure it; and the other piece a long and wide piece which would be tied like a bow and attached to the previous piece. But as DIYs tend to be: it's probably easier said/imagined than done.

Image from here.
The mood-stricken black and white photograph of JL above is all well and good, but I also thought it was lovely in colour (red no less!) on Drew Barrymore. How would I wear it if I made one? That's a tough question now I think about it.. I would probably want to wear something backless so that the scarf really stood out and I would have my hair up because not all of us can face into the wind like DB. At the moment I can't think of anything in my wardrobe that would work with it, but that doesn't mean I won't try this DIY anyway. I know that I do a lot of these "on the To-do list" segments and never really get around to doing it but I think I actually want to give this one a go. Stay tuned.


Image from here.


No comments:

Post a Comment