Saturday, January 11, 2014

On the To-Do List

I have been obsessed with all things cropped recently, like these beautiful cropped cardigans:

Buy them here...

Just kidding! Those are atrocious. I'm thinking more along the lines of:

1. 3. 5. Balenciaga (image sourced here), 2. Aquilana Rimondi (image sourced here),  4.  Emilio Pucci (image sourced here), 6. Cue (image sourced here), 7. Dolce and Gabbana (image sourced here).
The cropped top trend that I've been wanting to try is one that finishes just below the bust worn with a skirt that covers the belly-button which is generally fuller (most like the Dolce and Gabbana skirt). Recently I bought a Cue crop top in the Boxing Day sales and a full-skirted black silky number by Review. I am a strong believer of wearing my clothes for a long time so I did not invest in this trend just to leave it by the wayside in a few months. So assuming my belly doesn't get overly flabby in the near future I'm going to continue wearing this outfit as much as I like. Additionally: a slightly bad habit I have of not wearing new clothes straight away is another reason why I don't follow trends that change as often as Carrie Bradshaw's shoes, or alternatively continue to wear trends once they've become "old news".

So here on the To-Do List this week is a DIY by the lovely Geneva over at a pair and a spare (a really awesome DIY fashion blog!) modelled on a more recent Balenciaga cropped top using a plain old singlet! I'm dying to try this DIY and hopefully once I'm done I'll be brave enough to wear it..


No comments:

Post a Comment