Friday, January 17, 2014

Weekly Wish-list

This week I've been lured in by the picnicky brilliance of plaid, check, gingham, tartan et al (more on their world-domination later) and have been seriously almost-actually-dreaming about this Carven dress. Not only does it fit in with my want for something of this print species, but the cut across the shoulders is so 50's-esque (and who doesn't love that decade of fashion??). Carven is a french label which first came onto my radar after their SS '12 show with bright prints and cunning cut-outs. This A-line dress showcases a more demure side to their repertoire and is like nothing in my closet currently: not only have I nothing with this print, but nothing of this cut (oh the horror!). How great is the skirt that bunches together a little bit, but not too much, creating that classic silhouette? I say: really great. Go check it out on Moda Operandi and please zoom-in on the pattern because scattered amongst those checker-board holes are little C's. Picture-picnic perfect!


No comments:

Post a Comment