Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Tunesday

I've decided to can the Something Old, Something New segment because I'm not sure it was a huge success (speak up lovers of this segment or forever hold your peace!). Also sometimes I find it quite hard to get the classical music inspiration. I know I know.. I should really be listening more, seeing as it's my profession. Self-lecture received. Anyway, I've switched it up to be Tunesday and I'll only share one piece I particularly like each week (and some of it will probably be classical ;P).

This week, as you know, I've been putting my medal on the pedal (or what's that saying?) with my German so I've been trying a bit of immersion, or osmosis. I am listening to German pop music and watching German TV and hoping it sinks into my brain. I grab onto words here and there so I think it's useful. I literally just googled "German pop music" and found a bunch of pretty cool stuff quite randomly and I've been listening to three different groups. The song I'm going to share with you is kind of sappy, and a little bit retro-feeling (even though it came out in the noughties, I think), something to do with the chorus. It's Rosenstolz with "Ich bin ich (wir sind wir)"; the music video is really sweet too. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment