Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Tunesday

New tunes today! Well, not really new for me but perhaps new for you?

First up is a pop number which my lovely boyfriend played to me by an artist I didn't think I'd heard before but he played me her top number and I had heard it (I sort of live under a rock when it comes to pop music/culture, as much as I try to rectify it..). It wasn't my favourite song (Bulletproof) so I was a little dubious about Sexotheque. But La Roux turned up the cool and it's so damn catchy it's almost always in my head. I hope you have a little groove to this one.



Next up, on the classical side of things, is the second movement of Dvorak's Cello Concerto. I don't know if I've already posted this one before so sorry if I have (and if I haven't I don't know why it's taken me so long!). Honestly it is one of the most beautiful pieces of music ever. Listen to the four bars from around 1'10", my favourite part. I'm currently playing it with the Canberra Symphony Orchestra and a young Auckland cellist Edward King who won the Australian Cello Award. Here's a recording of Yo-Yo Ma with the New York Phil.


No comments:

Post a Comment