Sunday, May 3, 2015

Weekly Wish-list

Focus on Russia!

Label Ruban by a sister-duo. They've been going since 2010 but these items are from their latest collection. The first piece, a shift-dress is so simple but at the same time embellished. I love the apron-style with the open side seams (obviously better if you wear a slip underneath!) and the ties. It's like a super beautiful piece of clothing like a sandwich board. The next piece is a lovely little top again with the ties and I've included a photo of the whole look because I love the layering of it. The third piece is wow a stunning dress that also looks like the most comfortable thing in the world. I'd love to sweep on stage and perform something in that. (I take that back.. performing on stage scares the hella out of me!).

1. Sandwich-board chic (image)

2. Such a beautiful dusty blue. I always hear of the colour "dusty pink" but never dusty blue, so this can be it!!

2. Layer by layer. Crop top images (actually called a "Chemisette".. fancy).

3. Short in the front long in the back makes much more sense on a floor-length gown (not a mullet dress!)

3. And such a lovely golden cream colour. Images from here.

Vika Gazinskaya. Now that is a proper Russian-sounding name. The label was launched in 2006 in Moscow. The first piece is a fun little flouncy top. Normally I shy away from clothing that clearly cannot be worn with a bra but the fabric looks so voluptuous that I don't think it'd be too much of a worry (nobody's going to see much of what's bouncing around uncontrollable under there!). The second piece is a very pretty, very respectable skirt. The kind of thing I'd love to go teaching in because it's the perfect length. But mostly I love it because it strikes the perfect balance between feminine (I guess from the colours) and angular (from the geometric patterns). Thirdly and lastly is a dress from clearly the same collection as the Flouncy Top. I dig those puffy sleeves!! Helping to steer clear of the stuffiness of a sleeve type of centuries ago is the exposure of the shoulders.

1. Pretty russet colour. From the Spring/Summer 2015 collection. Images (and it is actually called a flouncy top).
1. I do wonder whether there's a safety boob-tube under there.. one strong wind and it's all for everyone.
2. Personally, the pattern reminds me of snowflakes. It's from the Fall/Winter 2015 collection. Image.
3. Looks so simple. Images.
3. Loving it styled with the pants (anyone else can't stop thinking about Emma Watson that red dress and pants on the red carpet?)

No comments:

Post a Comment