Sunday, July 19, 2015

Outfit Misfit

It's been so long since I've done one of these posts.. Although they're my favourite they're very difficult and time-consuming because I have to get someone to take nice photos of me in a cool location. I have a brilliant friend here in Stuttgart who is a very talented photographer and I'm so lucky and happy that she has agreed to take the pictures for my future Outfit Misfit posts. Today's post, however, is from a while back so is taken by my boyfriend on our day trip to N├╝rnberg (how's that for excellent blog post scheduling?).

We took the trip at the end of May and although presumably it was turning into summer at that point it was forecast for heavy rain. Perfect opportunity to crack out my Gorman raincoat! I was suffering from a bit of homesickness at the end of last year and what better way to stave it off than to buy something from one of my favourite Aussie brands? Getting it posted here to Germany was probably not the best money-saving idea.. but it was really nice opening the package wrapped up in funky Gorman tissue paper and seeing this crazy raincoat. Because it is crazy! Sometimes I get a little self-conscious about wearing things like this in Germany, because the Germans tend to keep things quite simple when it comes to clothing. Jeans and shirts, even hiking clothes, often sneakers.. (That’s a gross generalisation of course; not absolutely everyone dresses this way). But I’ve made a resolution!!! I will wear whatever I want to wear and stop worrying so much about what other people think. Some might say that fashion is so influenced by what other people think but it is actually (or should be) a form of self-expression. It’s time to stop caring what other people think is cool or fashionable and just wear whatever you like to wear! End freedom-of-fashion rant.

In Johannisfriedhof.


This is a wall of the church in Johannisfriedhof. Amazing colour! 
Wearing:


No comments:

Post a Comment