Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Tunesday

This week I want to share a non-classical-music song for the playlist and more than that, a shoutout to Australian talent. Luluc is a duo (Zoë Randell and Steve Hassett) from Melbourne and their most recent album Passerby (released 15 July 2014) is one of the most tranquil albums I’ve heard, yet with an underlying melancholy. Voices are often described as “haunting” and I think Zoë fits that description perfectly.

The song I’ve chosen from their album is the title song: Passerby. Unforunately I couldn’t get the YouTube video to play in Germany (stupid GEMA!!!) so I can’t share that with you here on my blog.. Instead I urge you to get Spotify, if you haven’t got it already (seriously one of the best free music resources, if you can put up with the adds), and have a listen. Here is their bandcamp website too where you could buy the whole album for $10usd.


Image from their bandcamp.


No comments:

Post a Comment