Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Weekly Wish-list

Gingham is hands down the best fabric for picnics and summer and today I’ve picked out four perfect gingham dresses to get your BBQ-in-the-park/cycling-around-the-lake/picnic-on-the-beach on. 

For the more sophisticated event is this Tanya Taylor Textured Cotton Gingham Shirting Monica Dress. Perfect for the end-of-year work party that’s outdoors in a park with champers (that’s one of my visions of office job goings-ons). It’s the hemline that puts it in this category for me; just below the knee is pretty demure and a respectable work-length. It does have cutouts but they’re very small and strike the perfect balance in combination with the high neckline.


 Next is the Alba Poplin Dress from Anthropologie (whose user-friendliness isn’t hitting the mark for me.. I can only get the site in German no matter what I try!). I love that the gingham is tan/beige and it’s a less harsh gingham look, perfect for gingham first-timers. It also looks supremely comfortable and the simple style makes it quite versatile in my eyes. 



Now for a real pop of gingham in a bold red: the Folk’s on You Dress from Modcloth. Picture perfect picnic dress! Just make sure your napkins aren’t also red ;P



Giving this post a sense of symmetry is another black gingham dress: the Shift Into Tur-bow Dress also from Modcloth. This is a great shift design dress and I would personally love it in any colour! Easily translateable into the cooler seasons with a pair of opaque stockings (in colour for the bold) and brogues. A nice little mod piece from Modcloth. Although, speaking from experience, be careful wearing this one to picnics because you won’t be able to sit cross-legged on the ground. 


No comments:

Post a Comment