Monday, September 7, 2015

Outfit Misfit

Featured today are a couple of purchases I made in Paris. I could hardly believe my luck when I walked into a lovely little shop, Nilaï, in le Marais district and these shoes and bag were sitting there. I thought I shouldn’t look at the price because there was no way I could afford it, but I did anyway and they were practically a steal!

I adore the shoes from House of Harlow 1960 for the following reasons:
  1. They are slipper style, not ballet flats. A much more nonchalantly cool look. (Also mega comfortable).
  2. The beadwork is unbelievable, and the design has a spider and web which steers it away from being princess-sparkly-shoes which a lot of beaded shoes can be in danger of becoming.
  3. I mean, just look at them.

The bag was more a secondary buy because of all my wardrobe I’d hauled from Australia to Germany I didn’t have a satisfactory going-out bag. Something small and handy that just holds my wallet and Handy (German for mobile phone). I love the vibrant zig-zaggy pattern and it fullfills all my expectations.


And now: wearing these items in a going-out-on-the-town-but-looking-relaxed look achieved by pairing the sparkly shoes and bag with a very simple outfit of jeans and a plain top, and highlighted with a bold red lip.

Wearing:

Top: h and m



Photo notes: thanks once more to the lovely Sarah Weeber for these beautiful shots. Location is on the steps of the Stuttgart Opera House (my kind of night-out location).
Take care of your shoes folks and always use a shoe bag. #bts

No comments:

Post a Comment